Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So I make Bags...

People ask what I do, and I say "I have a home business making bags, and purses, and baby items, and sometimes other things..."  Ya, that pretty much sums it up.  Mostly I focus on making bags of all shapes and sizes. I get inspired and I create the design in my head and just go for it.  Lest you think that this is something I just stumbled upon, it is actually a skill that I have been developing over the last three or more years.  It is a process that is continually refined and improved upon.  I've been using the same basic design for a while now, and most of my bags are created fairly easily.  This new bag design worked really well, and I loved the result:

Not every bag works out that easily for me, and every once in a while I will have a bag that just doesn't want to cooperate...  Today I had one of those bags.  It was a special order for a friend who wanted a school bag.  Easy enough, but not a design that I have yet mastered.  Creating this bag gave me nothing but grief, but I persevered and finally turned out the final product this afternoon.  It is a huge bag, but it fits the dimensions I discussed with my client, so I hope she is happy with it! 

If you like this fabric, stay tuned... I have enough left for another bag, and will have it on my Etsy site in the near future...
 Also Stay tuned for the step by step process of Bag Making....
 

2 comments:

  1. love the bags, especially the new style. so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog Jen. Proud of you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete