Monday, August 29, 2011

Tea

We had the annual ladies tea at church on Saturday.  As I prepared my table for tea I was quite surprised to see how it all came together.  I wanted to use what I had to make it pretty, so I found an extra large piece of gold-ish fabric I used for a previous clutch order.  I am not a super fan of gold, but I really thought it brought out the gold lined china nicely.  It was a little table this year which I quite liked, though it was hard to find an appropriate center piece.   I ended with with little centerpieces all around.  I LOVE having a reason to use my grandmother's china, teacups, and glasses!  I think she would be proud!



I was recently given some beautiful pieces of milk glass from a friend who was moving out of the area and trying to consolidate her home of 30 years.  I LOVE milk glass (as it is something my grandmother also collected), and these pieces are extraordinary!  I thought they would be the perfect addition to use for the food.  And there was a LOT of delicious food, and fantastic tea.






1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done, Jen. The dishes are gorgeous and how fun for you to use them! That's what I want my lunch served on!! :)

    ReplyDelete