Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do

A friend recently commissioned me to make a baby quilt with a monkey theme.  I couldn't find any monkey themed fabric that made the grade, so I was forced to come up with another idea.  I have been experimenting with a new technique which could be considered a type of applique I guess.  I found a couple monkeys online that I really liked, but I wasn't sure how to duplicate the idea since I DO NOT draw.  Then I found a monkey that didn't look too complicated, so I thought I would give it a shot.  I figured anyone can draw circles, right? And much to my surprise I realized that it wasn't as hard as it seemed....  I actually took a couple monkey ideas and created my own... and this was the outcome...

2 comments:

  1. Seriously adorable, Jen. Very clever and good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him!! love the quilt pattern as well!!

    ReplyDelete