Thursday, February 3, 2011

Repurpose, reuse, recycle!

I have been staring at this ugly sports coat hanging in our closet forever, and wondering when in the world my husband was going to give it up.  He actually used to wear this coat, I could not believe it.  And being the practical person that he is, he would once in a while get it out and put it on just to see if it had come back in style...  it never has, and it never will.  He finally gave up his rights to the coat.  (Darn it! I forgot to take a picture of it...  I am so bad about that).  But no matter, it was ugly, trust me!  There were two fates awaiting this coat: 1.Be taking to Goodwill  2.Be repurposed as a bag.  #2 was the most obvious choice. (Besides, I didn't want some poor women to cringe when her practical husband brought it home from Goodwill hoping as my husband had hoped that it would come back into style someday...) 
So here it is.... given new life!
So ladies, if you have any of your old out of style coats that you are dying to get out of your closet, send them my way!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Jen. I'm proud of you for pulling that off.

    ReplyDelete