Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pineapple Pay It Forward

A few weeks ago my friend Chris posted a message on her Facebook Page entitled Pay it Forward.  She said that anyone who commented on her post would receive a special handmade gift from her.  Then those people had to post the same Pay It Forward message on their Facebook pages, and give special handmade gifts to those who commented.  Becuase I love giving and recieving handmade gifts, this challenge was right up my alley.  Well, I have not gotten around to making my gifts yet (we have the rest of the year to complete the challenge).  But Chris has diligently finished her gifts, and she gave me mine today!  I was so surprised when she presented me with this beautiful and expertly made Pineapple Quilt block.  She used the foundation piecing technique to make this beautiful little block. She also promised to teach me how to foundation piece, which I am very excited about.  I think this will need to be our next sewing day project. Thank you Chris for such a gift of love, it will be cherished forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment