Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Little Bit Aboue....


A little bit about Jennygirl, my family and my home...  
Well, to begin, I have been married to my handsome and wonderful husband for 8 years.  Some days 8 years feels like 80 seconds, other days it feels like 80 years....  He is my love, my adventurer, my kind hearted and generous man.  He is the best father, and the most loyal friend.  Marriage is hard, I won't lie.  It is refineing.  Conversely, it is the best feeling in the world to know that your heart belongs to a man who loves and cherishes you and who is committed to seeing us grow old together hand in hand.  My heart is full of thanks for the wonderful man God has given me.

Just over one year ago we brought our beautiful darling daughter home from the hospital.  Our precious girl is a gift from God and we consider each day with her a joy and a blessing.  We waited a very long time to be parents, and the "missing link" in our home was completed the moment we met our H.M.  We celebrated her first birthday this past month!  She is a daily reminder of God's gracious goodness and faithfulness.

My Christian Faith is the core of who I am.  I am a sinner saved by God's grace, forgiven and free.  Am I perfect? No!  But by the Grace of God and His continual work in my life, I hope that I may say I am becoming more like my perfect savior, Jesus. 

Jennifer is my given name, but I never go by it.  In fact if you call me Jennifer I may not even hear you and completely ignore you... not intentially of course.  "JennyGirl" is a very special name- in fact only a few select family members and friends call me Jenny, and the only two people that call me "JennyGirl" are my mom and my husaband. The name Jenny is so special that you have to be on "the list" to use the name.  "The list" is nothing more than a random selection of people who have made the cut.  Mostly these are people whom I have known for a very long time and when they use the name Jenny it makes my heart smile and feel loved.    To most people, I am Jen.  Short simple, Jen.... Isn't it fun to have such a versatile name! 

When choosing the name for my business, JennyGirl was an obvious choice- it is very personal and it represents the deepest core of who I am.  I want my business to be a pure reflection of me.  I want everything I do, from communicating with customers to creating unique custom gifts, to come from my heart.  I put my all into my business and I hope that is evident in my work. 

Finally, I do not take for granted the opportunity I have to work from home.  It has always been my heart's desire to be at home with my children while contributing to the household income.  For years I was not sure how this desire would play out, and after quite some time I started to see it all come together in a way that I could have never imagined.  Who would have thought that a sewing hobby would become a significant home business and contribution to my family's livelihood?

Thank you for supporting hand-made, and thank you for supporting JennyGirl Designs.
Sincerely,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment