Friday, April 11, 2014

Favorite Things- Succulents

In honor of St Patrick's Day, here is my Green contribution:
I have fallen in love with suculents over the past few years.  I remember my Grandmother growing many types of suculents in pots in her backyard.  I never though much of them until we were given a number of suculent plants by some dear friends who were avid gardeners.  They were relocating, and just could not transport every plant they owned.  We were the happy recipients of many of their orphans, including many suculents.   We have found that our friend George was quite right when he said "You can't kill them, just stick them in the soil and they will root."  They need water, but not much.  They need a bit of protection from the freezing temps, but other than that they are hearty and beautiful.  They come in all shapes, sizes and textures and can be grown in just about anything- any pot, or cup, or even directly in the ground.  These plants are perfect for someone, like myself, who doesn't have a "brown thumb", but doesn't exactly  have a "green" one either.  At least Green is my favorite color!
Seriously, I love Suculents.  Need a good gift idea- how about a suculent?

No comments:

Post a Comment